Här visas nya projekt upp.
Kanske undrar du om just din nya pärla har någon historia bland andra medlemmar i klubben - fråga på.
Eller, så vill du bara visa upp den snyggast, fulaste, galnaste, den som kräver mest arbete...
Användarens profilbild
By Harriss_t
Hi all,

I thought seems as though there is no 'new members' thread that I would introduce myself and my new project here.

My name is Tom and in based in Stockholm. Originally from England (as you probably guessed) I moved to Sweden 2007 for love.
Although I am completely fluent in Swedish I still prefer to type in English so I hope that's no problem!?

Down to the car.. I have been looking for a new project for a while, and after searching for a mk1 GT6 with no luck, I stumbled across a 1971 2000 and had to have it.

3 owners from new and garaged its whole life, it's a perfect base for a proper resto-mod. I will aim to keep regular updates and hopefully contribute to your forum and network!

Here are a couple of pics as she is now:Bild
Bild
BildBild
Bild

Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Användarens profilbild
By Harriss_t
So, today began work on the rear axle/diff to remove any rust and the thick layer of waxoil that has built up and dried on over all the years and prepare for some fresh paint.

Bild
Bild
Bild

After a couple of hours hard scraping I eventually got the last of the crap off and found a hole in the left rear arm of the axle assembly.

Bild
Bild

I sand blasted both the arms to completely remove all the rust then repaired the hole on the left side. The hole was cut square, the recess sprayed with epoxy and then sealed with a 1.2mm thick plate. Not the prettiest welding job but the MIG did the trick.

Bild
Bild

I had hoped to completely finish the rear end today but removing the waxoil took way too much time. To be continued..

Användarens profilbild
By Harriss_t
Put another couple of hours in this morning on the trailing arms. Attempted to clean them up with the wire wheel but it was just not working.. the waxoil was too thick and hard.

Bild

After a good hammering with the air chisel, I managed to remove most of the thick layer and then sandblasted to remove the last.
Going to try to get all the parts off for paint and galvanizing this week.

Bild
Bild

Användarens profilbild
By Harriss_t
Been busy at work recently but finally managed to get all the parts off for galvanizing and powder coat this week. Work also began on renovating the rear differential.

Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild

Användarens profilbild
By Lars garage
Great pictures, keep up the good work. Where do you galvanizing and powder coat the parts?
Användarens profilbild
By Harriss_t
Lars garage skrev:Great pictures, keep up the good work. Where do you galvanizing and powder coat the parts?
For Powder coat we normally use Isaxsons in Sundbyberg although I'm having these done locally on Lidingö. For all galvanizing, anodizing and chrome, we use a guy named Olle Torslund who is also located locally on Lidingö. Great job at a reasonable price!

Användarens profilbild
By Harriss_t
Whilst waiting for the parts to return from paint I spent several hours scraping and cleaning the rear half of the underside of the vehicle to remove the old waxoil and road crud. I then sprayed a layer of rubberized sealant to protect it from the elements. This was by far the dirtiest, messiest and time consuming job so far and unfortunately I didn't take any pictures of the process, but here is one of the end result.
Bild
A little package showed up at work this morning with last of the bits I've been waiting for.
Bild
Having received all the parts from galvanizing this morning I decided to rebuild the differential this afternoon. No free play at all in the diff and the bearings were lovely and smooth, so all that was required were a new set of seals, bolts and a gasket. I did however have to replace the quill shaft bearing which did not sound or feel very heathy.
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Whilst trying to separate the rear hub I managed to bend the hub flange.. those things sit like hell! Placed an order from England but I'll unfortunately have to wait until next week to rebuild the rear end. At least I get the weekend off!

Användarens profilbild
By Lars garage
Harriss_t skrev:No free play at all in the diff and the bearings were lovely and smooth,
No play at all? Not even between Crown Wheel and Pinion?
Användarens profilbild
By Harriss_t
Forgive the extreme expression Lars! Backlash was measured at 0.15mm which I referred to as 'no free play at all'. I should have said 'no excessive' free play to keep all you perfectionists happy ;)

Användarens profilbild
By Harriss_t
So it's been a while since any update but the workshop has been extremely busy which has meant the 2000 has taken a back seat.

Finally got some time this weekend to rebuild the rear end, fitting new KYB gas adjust shocks, uprated lowering springs and camber correction shackles. I have replaced every nut and bolt for new and all the old rubber bushes with polyurethane items. Everything supplied by Chris Witor in England.

Also tried on the 15x8 wheels. It's close but some rear arch modification will have to be done. Here's a few pics:

Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild

Next up is the front suspension.

Användarens profilbild
By Harriss_t
Stripped the front end yesterday and began the grueling process of cleaning the underside ready for new a new layer of sealant. Half of me is happy that the previous owners absolutely caked the car in waxoil as is has preserved the vehicle spectacularly well. Had it not been for that I'm sure I'd have been doing a lot of welding.. However, calling the cleaning job a 'nightmare' would be an understatement.
Bild
The clean up and underseal took the entire day, so I went back this morning to begin work on the components.
Bild
Bild
Scraping old waxoil off components is my favorite job! Said no one. Ever.
Bild
Bild
Managed to clean and blast the subframe and tie bars before I decided to call it a day. Only the rest left now :)

By Uffe
Very nice work :-D , i like the colour .Where do you buy your spareparts ?
What wheel do you have?
Användarens profilbild
By Harriss_t
UFFE skrev:Very nice work :-D , i like the colour .Where do you buy your spareparts ?
What wheel do you have?
Thanks Uffe :) I've actually been thinking about a colour change recently.. I quite fancy Damson Red or Honeysuckle. Definitely want to keep it an original colour though.
I have bought almost all my parts from Chris Witor in England. Super knowledgeable guy and very reasonable prices!
The wheels are Rota BM8 15x8 et0 [emoji1360]

Användarens profilbild
By Harriss_t
Managed to strip the dampers, hubs and brakes today. Also scraped, cleaned and blasted the damper tubes, spring cups and steering rack clamps ready to send to the powder coaters tomorrow. Fun times
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild

Användarens profilbild
By Harriss_t
The workshop was quiet today so I decided to take the opportunity to restore the brake calipers. Began with cleaning and blasting to remove as much dirt and corrosion as possible.
Bild
Then stripped the housings down to the bare minimum to inspect the internal condition.
Bild
Bild
I forgot to take a picture but behind the piston was full of dirt build up. After scraping out the crap and cleaning as best I could by hand, I threw both the calipers into the ultrasound cleaner for half an hour before blasting them one last time. They both came out looking like new.
Bild
Bild
Unfortunately 2 of the pistons (both from the left caliper) had begun to corrode so I have ordered a set of 4 stainless items and 2 complete seal sets. I was going to paint the calipers but seems as they're completely stripped and blasted I'll leave them to be galvanized yellow (gold) next week.

Användarens profilbild
By Harriss_t
Received the painted suspension parts back today so I used the quiet time to build up the track control arms.
Superflex camber adjustable bushes with new ball joints and Superflex dust covers. All parts supplied by Chris Witor in the uk. Just waiting on all the galvanized bits now then I'll be back on the road [emoji1362]
The subframe, damper tubes, spring caps and rack clamps arrived back on Monday from powdercoat.
Bild
Bild
Bild

Användarens profilbild
By Harriss_t
Bild
Bild
Steering rack has been washed & stripped and now ready for renovation. Going to rebuild with a 7 tooth pinion gear to make it a 'quick rack'
The galvanizing shop is closed until the 7th of august so looks like I'm going to have to wait a while..

Användarens profilbild
By Harriss_t
A little update: The last of all the small parts are finally at the galvanizing shop and the last of the packages have arrived from Chris Witor [emoji1360]
Last weekend a friend and I stripped the car down and prepared the bodywork for some new paint.
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Picked her up again from the paint shop this morning and now she looks like this.. [emoji4]
Bild
Bild

Hard Top till Spitfire MK4

Har en Hard Top till en Spitfire MK lV som den i b[…]

Här lärde jag mig något nytt, at[…]